healthy fat is back, ya’ll!
Fat in one’s diet has always been a topic of controversy, with endless concerns about how much to consume, what products to get it from, how it impacts your body or if it should even be in your diet at all. While there is a continuous debate when it comes to saturated vs. unsaturated fat, we are here to set the record straight. It is time for you to hop on the healthy fats train and reach your destination of endless benefits, everlasting energy, and an overall better you.
Healthy fats, what are those?
Healthy fats are saturated fats that raise your high-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels or in simpler terms, your HDL levels. When your HDL, or ‘good cholesterol’, level is higher, you reduce your risk of heart disease and stroke within the body. These saturated fats can be found in many things including but not limited to grass-fed beef, whole eggs, butter, and even coconut cream.
So how do healthy fats help me B’more?
Not only do these fats help improve your superior HDL levels, but according to Dr. Mark Hyman, they are vital to the health of each cell membrane, brain cell, and even your arteries. When consuming these fats, you are increasing good cholesterol, this compound serves as a tool to repair your arteries from damage due to high sugar and starch diets. On top of that, these fats stimulate the white blood cells within the immune system creating a healthier you. The list of benefits is infinite but the main point is that these fats are critical to your health and truly make a difference in your overall well-being.
How can I enjoy my B’more smoothies but still make sure healthy fats are in my diet?
Don’t worry, we have a solution! There are endless ways to combine any of our smoothies with plant-based fats and give you that extra pick-me-up you’ve been looking for! We recommend the following…
- Chia Seeds – These seeds provide numerous benefits due to the fiber, vitamins, and omega-3 fats that lie within. They not only help your heart, but also your digestive system and bone strength. We especially recommend these for our Chia Pudding recipe (link) or straight in the bottle.
- Flax Seeds – This native Babylonian seed packs in powerful fiber and Omega-3 fatty acids to provide an extra kick of energy to your day! Just to name a few of its abilities, these tiny guys are known for reducing risk of heart disease, stroke, and even diabetes.
- Almonds – The almighty almond is known for its vitamins, minerals, and protein that are hidden inside. In addition to supporting a happy heart, these guys also help improve your brain functions!
- Coconut and Coconut Oil – While coconut is crazy good at increasing your metabolism and cognitive functions, it is even better at boosting your immune system. Due to the anti-fungal, anti-microbial, and lauric acid properties within, this product will help you be better today than what you were yesterday
- Avocado – Although this tasty treat may not be your go-to for a smoothie bowl, they sure are a great way to get some healthy fats! Perfect on their own or in your own green smoothie recipes. While working to improve your vision and digestive system, this guy also uses his yummy insides to protect you against chronic issues including hypertension, diabetes, and heart disease.
With all the amazing advantages brought on by saturated fats, we here at B’more knew we had to provide a way for you to get those good guys in your diet. We did just that and produced our very own Coconut smoothie with organic coconut cream inside! While you already know about the powerful protein and gut-friendly probiotics in each bottle, we hid that extra surprise in our coconut flavor. With 18g of healthy fat, it is the perfect convenient beverage to brighten your body. So, grab yourself a bottle, make your heart happy, and don’t forget to b’more and do more.