February 14, 2018

Letter from the Founder

As an entrepreneur, I spend a lot of time listening to our customer. I depend upon their voices to set the direction for improvement and change. From the comments we have received in stores, at promotional events, via email, and over social media, we noticed one theme in particular: “We love your organic smoothies…”

Then comes the dreaded but…

“We can’t finish a whole bottle”.

We are so proud of how consistently and ardently our customers love our organic smoothies. “They taste great and the macros are incredible. But it’s just too much”.

My problem is that even though I talk a good game about disruption and change, I was emotionally attached and found it  difficult to let go of the original size and branding of the bottle that started it all. My team convinced me that it was our responsibility to give our customers what they wanted. And I have to say, my team was right.

The new, smaller size bottle is absolutely perfect. It is a more appropriate size for everything we’ve packed into our high protein, no added sugar smoothies and a more convenient way to consume clean nutrients on the go. The new labels are beautiful, efficiently communicating what’s inside the bottle, and the story of how it came to be.

We hope you will be just as impressed as I am with the new look and size of the New BMORE. While the name pays homage to our hometown of Baltimore, we wanted to highlight the origin and mission of our company. My wife and I discovered skyr while on a climbing expedition in the mountains of Iceland. You’ll still see that mountain design you’ve come to expect from our brand on our new bottles.

B’more Organic continues to donate 1% of its sales to Jodi’s Climb for Hope, our non-profit that raises funds for Multiple Sclerosis (MS) and breast cancer research by climbing mountains around the world.

We would love to hear your thoughts on our new label and bottle!

As always, we encourage you to B-MORE today and every day. Keep on climbing!

10 Comments on “Letter from the Founder

Curtis Brown
February 15, 2018 at 4:01 pm

Brilliant. The logo puts Baltimore forward in a bold way. “Shake me” at the top of the bottle engages the consumer. The change in size makes for an easier one time snack. The different colored flavors line up nicely next to each other and I can fit more in my frig. It was already my favorite snack but now even more so.

Terrie
February 15, 2018 at 4:33 pm

I love this product from my hometown. I heard about it on The Rachel Ray show and have been a daikthfuk consumer. I can’t wait for the new sized bottles. I usually purchase at Wegmans but didn’t see it today. I just wanna say thank you from a BMORE homegirl ❤️

Walter Cook
February 15, 2018 at 8:13 pm

I can finish a whole bottle or even 2 without issue. Love these smoothies. But if smaller sizes makes it more marketable, then that’s awesome. May be easier to pack for the hikes too!

Geoffrey McElwee
February 15, 2018 at 10:46 pm

I’ve been digging you guys since we moved to Baltimore. I loved your label change when you kept the bottle, but this looks really sharp. Keep it up!

Mary Dimouro
February 17, 2018 at 7:24 am

I continue to be inspired and admire you and your company. Great work on listening to your customers and looking at ways to improve!

Pauli Brandt
February 25, 2018 at 5:08 pm

Excellent! When will it get to my Wegmans in Downingtown. Or do I need to request it in the new size? Happy to be the squeaky wheel with customer service if needed.
Cheers, Pauli

Maryjane Munson
March 9, 2018 at 8:59 pm

Cannot find caffe latte in Dayton Ohio area. Can you help me locate it?

Fernanda Hussein
March 27, 2018 at 7:18 pm

Hello and thanks for this letter. I’ve been a big fan of the B.MORE smoothies, specially the vanilla one because of the amazing macros and obviously the taste too. However, the changes didn’t come only on the volume of the bottle and good looking label but it affected the macros, one of the main reasons I choose B.MORE.
According to the labels, a 12.8oz on the previous version contained 9.6g of Carbs and 32g of Protein. Now it contains more carbs (17g, an extra 7.4g) and less protein.
I like the smaller volume too, but now I have to reconsider as I count my daily macros and more carbs per volume unfortunately means less smoothie for me…
Aside from that, I must say that at least on my grocery store, the price is actually more expensive than the previous larger bottle.
I’m sorry but I’m disappointed 🙁

Diana S.
March 30, 2018 at 10:12 am

I love your product but I was so disappointed to find that you had downsized the product. Even if I didn’t finish the smoothie in one sitting, it wasn’t long after that I did. Moreover, the Publix where I had been buying the smoothies are now charging the same price for only 75% of the product. Lastly, I really appreciated how your product was so low in carbs but the new bottles seems to have a higher carb to protein ratio than the older product. Can you explain either of these?

Bernard
April 2, 2018 at 2:50 am

in general, a huge improvement on packaging design. And the smaller size direction is smart. But why eliminate the style of yogurt name, SKYR?